Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Chalo Tumko Lekar

A wonderful melody from the movie Jism. Most people remember the popular Jaadu Hai Nasha Hai rendered by Shreya, but this one is lesser well known, but prettier in my opinion. It's flirtatious, seductive, innocent and soothing all at the same time. So when I stumbled across the karaoke a few days ago, I couldn't resist the urge to try my voice on it :)

For this one especially, I'd highly recommend listening to it with headphones. The music is absolutely brilliant, but subtle in the instrumentals, so it can be hard to catch otherwise.

Lastly, some people told me that they were having trouble subscribing to this blog, so I've added a new widget on the right hand panel of this blog. It's as easy as entering in your email address and clicking Subscribe! Please do subscribe if you wish to receive updates! All of your suggestions and comments are tremendously helpful and encouraging :)



or

Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA

9 comments:

Ravi said...

Very well done :) The lightness in your tone perfectly suits the mood of the song. The song is a fairly straightforward melody, but the tone did the magic! Looking forward to more versatile renditions :)

Unknown said...

Another beautiful song even though I can’t understand a word. ;) However, the melody is smooth & sensuous so I get a sense of the message. You’ll have to interpret so I can fully appreciate it. :)

Vidya you hit it again – just a slight different than the original, but I love your version! ~Cynthia

Anonymous said...

I like it. Rhythm is quite beautiful and your voice suits the song & rhythm a LOT. Good pick.

My suggestions: Your voice still seems much louder than music, feels kind of like karaoke bar (REALLY good one, though). Although it's a karaoke, I think if you go down a notch in post-production, you'll be able to make it sound much more soothing. Which software are you using for post-production?

Anonymous said...

So that OpenId guy would be me, Divya Mistry. Apparently Blogger.com doesn't recognize my name attached with OpenId.

Unknown said...

Lovely!.. I did not know such a nice song existed in JISM. Your voice made the song more appealing! After hearing this song and your earlier songs Sahana Saaral, Vaseegara and Malare, I am convinced you are a versatile singer. Why don't you try some thing from a different genre.. like old hits of Latha Mangeshkar?

-ShivRam

Vytesh said...

Wow, your voice suited the romantic mood of the song very well... couple of sruthi hitches here and there.. but overall, very well rendered and was great to hear... somehow I felt your voice resembled Chitra voice.. your way of pronouncing the hindi syllables was very much similar to hers..

Sindhuja Bhakthavatsalam said...

vidya! very nice! sorry for not coming here all this while! voice sounds silken... a little more control in "brighas" would help...
and voice volume level is a little too high, but recording issues are not a big deal :)
keep singing!

Unknown said...

Nice clean voice....

Pavithra said...

amazing. light and soothing. keep doing nice tracks like this one! glad ur doing great things with ur talent! :)