Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tujh Mein Rab Dikhta Hai (Cover)

Hello Everyone,

This is a song that truly “grew” on me over time – I heard a lot of raves about the song (the Roopkumar Rathod version) after the movie’s release, but somehow never enjoyed it that much – that is, until I heard Shreya’s sadder rendition. Here’s my attempt :)

Song: Tujh Mein Rab Dikhta Hai
Movie: Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi
Original Singer: Shreya Ghoshal
Rendered here by: Vidya V

Muziboo Page


Tujh Mein Rab Dikhta Hai (Cover) | Music Upload

Lyrics:

Na kuch poocha
Na kuch maanga
tune dil se diya jo diya

Na kuch bola
Na kuch tola
Muskura ke diya jo diya

Tu hi dhoop tu hi chaaya
Tu hi apna paraaya
Aur kuch na janoon bas itna hi janoon
Tujh mein rab dikhta hai yaara mein kya karoon
Tujh mein rab dikhta hai yaara mein kya karoon
Sajde sar jhukta hai yaara main kya karoon
Tujh mein rab dikhta hai yaara mein kya karoon

Rab ne bana di jodi….

6 comments:

Ravi said...

Really nice! You certainly could have sounded sadder :) Also the parts where you hit the high points "Na" kuch "poo" cha (see quotes) sounds a little loopy. In general, good you added your own touch to the song; the best part was the end Rab Ne... fabulous!

Unknown said...

sounds fantastic! only one small thing though... you have over-enunciated some words sometmes... like the b in rab or kh in dikhta... baaki, absolutely loved it... something else to proudly show off... :D

Vidya said...

@Ravi and Devi: Thanks!!! :) Glad you guys liked it.

@Ravi: I agree with the loopy notes, they sound shaky in the beginning. With regards to the emotion, I think I interpreted the lyrics slightly differently - felt more that the lyrics portrayed the awe of discovering the goodness in him, hence the love, as opposed to just plain sadness. I just couldn't bring myself to be depressed while singing these lyrics!!

@Devi: will work on the enunciation for sure, I still have trouble when the lyrics get crowded :)

shyam said...

I consciously switched off the memory of shreya's rendition.

As you have said "you grew over this song" which shows in the last bit - 1:00 - 1:40 - was truly a bliss . I kept hearing to this bit repeatedly. Your pitching & notes banged the right frequency and its was simply superb. I loved the looping you gave like a ribbon effect when you sang - "Tuj Mein Raab Diktha Haa.." it was flawless.

Identity is something as singers we crave for. We get sucked into the over doing or under doing the song or most of the time imitating the singer. You have branched out on your own with a feel of your voice. This will fetch your own audience soon.

Warm up problems , shaky start is something we all have .You did not re record it and maintained the same flow which is good.

I would want you to use your base voice more then the shrill side of yours. Since this is song is downwardly emotional base voice could enhance the feel. The challenge is such because this is a short song (1 min 40 secs) and you need to transition from all the highs and lows before your voice really warmed up. It's challenge.

I am obliged to give you my feedback - "TOTALLY LOVE IT" . You have started to cut in your niche style and keep doing so ! Good Luck !

Sindhuja Bhakthavatsalam said...

Ok finally I got around coming here!
Very nice rendition!!

Panduka said...

It's amazing.. You know, As a Sri Lankan.. I,m proud of Indian culture..I love India.. Your voice is very smooth and very attractive.. Please post some more more and more.. I am waiting for it Vidya... I love your voice..

dpanduka@gmail.com is my email.. Please upload more..

WiSh YoU aLl Da BeSt DeAr ViDyA...

Best wishes from Panduka Bhaggyanath,
Sri Lanka.