Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Melle Melle (Cover)

I’ve been battling a cold this week, and on a whim (or absolute boredom!) decided to record this wonderful song from the Malayalam movie – Sagar Alias Jacky.

I sang this song at a show in Chicago last summer, and fell head over heels in love with Malayalam music, so here’s my first attempt in this language.

I tried to follow the pronunciation but I don’t know the language, so please excuse any pronunciation issues and let me know, so I can improve!

Song: Melle Melle
Movie: Sagar Alias Jacky
Originally sung by: Punya Srinivas
Rendered here by: Vidya Venkateswaran




Melle Melle (Cover) | Upload Music

7 comments:

aks said...

wow! no hint of ur cold there at all.. i loved it! very nice song! :-)

D Mistry said...

Very nicely sung.
- DM

Vidya said...

Thanks aks and Dhairya! :)

Sindhuja Bhakthavatsalam said...

Really like how you've adapted your voice. Very well done brighas in the stanzas!
I think the recording can be better. But nothing that took away the sweetness of the rendition.

Ram Iyer said...

Once again, absolutely brilliant :)

aks said...

guess what.. after talking to you today I realized I had'nt heard this in a while.. Believe me its bliss on a cold evening with hookah in the balcony :-)

Vidya said...

@Sindhuja and Sriram: Thanks much! Glad you enjoyed it

Aks: Thanks! ;) You motivate me to record more!