Saturday, February 27, 2010

Rasiya - Cover track - Kurbaan

Hi Everyone,

A very belated Happy New Year to all of you! :)

Its been a rather uneventful (and enjoyable) two months and I've had a chance to just relax, hang out with friends and family and do the things I wanted to do :)

Rasiya has been on my list since I first heard the song on Meera's audioblog, and I fell in love with the song almost immediately.

I've always wanted to attempt a low range song, but hadn't anticipated just how difficult it would be to hit those lower registers! Here's my take on this very popular number!

Thanks Meera for the k-track!

Song: Rasiya
Movie: Kurbaan
Originally Rendered by: Shruti Pathak
Rendered here by: Vidya Venkateswaran

Feedback as always is most appreciated :)


Rasiya - Cover Track - Kurbaan | Music Upload

10 comments:

aks said...

Hey vids.. it was beautiful! :)

Nikit said...

spectacular

Ravi said...

Wow... Vidya.. this was truly mind boggling! It was simply fabulous. Just a little shakiness on the really bass-y parts... but thats just being extremely nitpicky. I think this is really one of your best songs I've heard :) Great job!

Vidya said...

@ Aks and Nikit: Thanks!!!

@ Ravi: Totaallyy agree, i struggled with the base notes significantly! I actually find them harder to hit than the extreme high pitch notes :) Glad you liked it though!

pennies first, thoughts later said...

omg vidya...so amazingly beautiful. well done!

Eshwar Ravishankar said...

Agree wid d above comments on base notes... but enjoyed d rendition on d whole..!!

Unknown said...

Vidya

I loved it. The best one till date

Vidya said...

Malini, Eshwar and Banu: Thanks :) Will pay more attention to the base notes next time!

Nishant said...

Vidya.. Beautiful. I hadn't paid attentio to the original song, but your version is beautiful and sweet...

Sindhuja Bhakthavatsalam said...

Your voice sounds very nice in the low range. May be a little more "classicalness" would have made it even better. But then I haven't heard the original...